It's everyone's favorite holiday! Half price candy day.
Now for us strictly omnivorous humans this is not a problem. Sure there is diabetes, tooth decay, and tummy aches, but nothing in those bowls of 'leftover' (we saw you hiding it from the kids Steve) candy and bags of fun sized snickers is actually going to kill us.
However this in not so true for the lycanthropic members of our society. Remember chocolate and werewolves don't mix. They can eat as much hard candy as you but enough chocolate can be fatal.
Signs of chocolate poisoning usually appear within 6 to 12 hours after your dog has eaten it, may last up to 72 hours, and include the following:
- Increased urination
- Elevated or abnormal heart rate
- Collapse and death
f you believe your werewolf ate chocolate, call their doctor immediately and/or call the Mythical Creature Poison Helpline (855-213-6680) for advice. Based on your werewolf’s size and the amount and type of chocolate consumed, their doctor may recommend that you simply monitor him for the clinical signs listed above and call back if his condition worsens.
In other cases, the doctor may prefer you bring the werewolf into the clinic. If your friend consumed the chocolate less than two hours ago, the doctor may induce vomiting and give him several doses of activated charcoal, which works to move the toxins out of the body without being absorbed into the bloodstream. For more severe cases, medical intervention may be needed to provide supplemental treatment, such as medications or IV fluids, to resolve the effects of the poisoning. Werewolves suffering from seizures may need to be monitored at the clinic overnight.
(But seriously folks. Be careful.)